Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 21

W 2nd St, Rush City, MN
I am starting to see a pattern....cold, dreary Mondays and a lack of motivation. As if they aren't bad enough already! ;) 

Today I think that I went through every excuse in the book before I hit the pavement. I considered ending my blog early with some lame excuse. I thought about writing every other day for the rest of my blog. The list goes on.

I was talking to a friend a while back and I told her that I think that I am lazy sometimes and I'm not OK with it. She asked me one question. Are you lazy or are you experiencing a lack of motivation? I knew the answer right away. I am not by nature a lazy person. But sometimes I lack motivation! I am sure you can relate. 

So (being the nerd I am) I asked myself- what can you do to fix this problem? What will get you out there hiking and living your life on a tough day when all you want to do is park it in front of the TV and numb out? I thought of a few solutions. 

1. Reach out to an accountability partner. That's you Jasmine- you made it happen today, thank you! 

2. Take a deep breath. Then think about who you used to be and who you want to be. Who will you choose to be in this moment? The girl who used to numb herself out of feeling anything uncomfortable? Or the girl who was brave enough to start a blog? 

3. Stop and think about how you will feel after you make your decision. If you choose to stay inside and watch TV all night, you will feel even worse than you did before. If you choose to go out there and just do it, you will INSTANTLY feel better. The second I stepped outside I felt a feeling of pride wash over me. 

4. Something is better than nothing. Do what you committed to. But if you aren't going to walk 3.33 miles....at least walk one mile. At least 20 minutes. Something, anything. The second you get out there you will walk longer than you originally thought you would, because it isn't as bad as you are making yourself believe it is. 

5. Either make a list or write yourself a letter, of all of the reasons WHY you are doing what you committed to. If you just take the time to remind yourself, that might be just the thing to get you going. It's easy to forget the "why" when our brain is busy having a battle of willpower. 

Today, reaching out to a friend was all it took. I got out there and I walked down to 2nd street, the street I grew up on. On my way back as I passed a bush, that cat scared the living daylights out of me! Sorry it's a blurry picture. 

Hope you somewhat related to the post! Also hoping we have better weather tomorrow!

Gratefully,
Jamie Lynn







No comments:

Post a Comment